Monday, March 19, 2012

'62 Supercharged Bellini 3.6 Mk. 4 at Donington Park.

'62 Supercharged Bellini 3.6 Mk. 4 at Donington Park.

Almost a month and a half past, Sidney ("Sid") James, who's widely known as "The Denizen of Donington", forwarded me the following clip. It shows a 3'6 with Klaus Kretchma, of Austro-Hungarian nobility. It took me until this time to post...as I just-didn't-know. I suspected that SJ might be pulling-my...a...leg, you see, BECAUSE I've never known a "B-Car" to sport a bulbous-bonnet (BB)...NOR, did I know of any coupe in existence. Clearing up these two matters took a few trans-Atlantic letters, as ole Sid doesn't use computers. Anyways, re. the hood: This is probably the ONLY 3.6 with a Rootes, Eaton M-62 Supercharger/Blower atop the I-6!, while the top was, apparently, Sawzalled off a suitable parts car of unknown lineage. The Gentleman Racer only competes in Formula Libre & "Run-What-You-Brung." events. Well, it took him a few laps, but he did eventually eat that Ferrari F360!...AND, judging by it's civilized, neutral, steering, he must have REALLY done a heroic rearranging! of the suspension/frame bits! It's probably the closest thing to NOT being a Bellini 3.6, while still retaining the name, as anything, really.





0 comments: